[Leica] Best practices for carrying camera gear on long-haul trips

Adam Bridge abridge at mac.com
Mon Mar 25 11:29:25 PDT 2024

What with the airlines getting REALLY picky about carry-on items now I’m wondering if when I’m going on a long photo vacation I should put my cameras in the hold and not bring them with me in the cabin.

Are there best practices for packing camera gear that will go into the hold? Theft is always the reason I avoid it but I’d value the thoughts of those here who travel with a substantial amount of gear.

Thank you!

Adam Bridge
Davis, CA