[Leica] Leica M9 sensor corrossion

Lluis Ripoll lluisripollphotography at gmail.com
Mon Apr 15 10:57:31 PDT 2024

I have a problem with my M9: sensor corrossion, I’m looking for a reliable service for repair it, if possible in Europe, the only I’ve found are: Kolaris https://kolarivision.com/product/leica_m9_repair/, and https://maxmax.com in USA, and https://advancedcameraservices.co.uk in UK. I read generally good references but someones not good.

I would like ask if someone know some references and/or other Companies that are able to do this work.

I know that no one replace the sensor.  The repair consist to remove the glass that is corroded and replace with new sealed glass. I have read that this operation has risks of contamination and that in the long run the problem could be reproduced.

I’m not interested to buy another Leica, I only use the M9 for family records all my other work is with film as you know, the problem is not rush, at wide apertures and cloning the bad signs I can still work but the defect is in progress and I guess that soon I shall take a decision. Thank you very much in advance.

Saludos cordiales
Lluis