[Leica] Nathan's PAD 22/9/2023: Egle and Christine

Nathan Wajsman photo at frozenlight.eu
Sat Sep 23 11:20:50 PDT 2023

Yesterday I attended my first same-sex wedding (not that I have been to many weddings in my life, certainly less than 10, including my own). The two women getting married were Egle, a Lithuanian colleague in my office whom I have known since 2007, and Christine, an Estonian woman. They have been partners for several years, and now was the time to formalise the deal. The event was held at a venue called  Finca Marqués de Montemolar, in Altea, about 50 km north of Alicante, a very nice place perfectly suited for such event. I did not take many pictures, but I did have my little Ricoh in the pocket, so here are a few images.

The overall scene:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-cmcppjt/A

The view from the Finca Marqués de Montemolar:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-GVZMxrx/A

Christine brought Robbie the Corgie into the marriage:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-ccR5jtj/A

Between the ceremony and dinner we were listening to some performers, in the 1920s style, while munching on snacks and enjoying some drinks:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-vrvf9Js/A

Now the humans are having dinner, and Robbie is tired and takes a break:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-G5HdtsD/A

The couple, two ladies from the Baltic states. As teenagers, they took part in the freedom struggle as the Evil Empire was collapsing. Today, they could celebrate their personal freedom in a free country that has nice weather, too:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-nStLVbn/A

After the cake ceremony, I snuck away from the party and walked to our hotel, about 1 km away. I had been up since 5 a.m., done the morning bike ride and a day at work, so turning in at half past midnight seemed reasonable.

photo at frozenlight.eu

http://www.fotocycle.dk/paws
http://www.greatpix.eu
http://www.frozenlight.eu