[Leica] IMG: a day in Madrid

Nathan Wajsman photo at frozenlight.eu
Tue Jul 18 01:14:03 PDT 2023

I had to go to Madrid last Friday to renew my passport at the Polish consulate there, something that must be done in person. But thanks to the high-speed train that covers the 440 km in a bit over 2 hours, it is perfectly possible to have a full day in Madrid without spending the night there, and so I availed myself of the opportunity to spend the day visiting various photo exhibitions going on in the city as part of the huge annual PhotoEspaña festival. Despite the heat, I managed to visit 6 exhibitions. The highlights were the exhibitions of photographs of Picasso’s life by David Douglas Duncan and other photographers, and the French artist ORLAN (real name: Mireille Suzanne Francette Porte) at the Círculo de Bellas Artes (where I also had an excellent lunch). I have presented the images in chronological order, starting with my arrival at the Chamartín station in the morning and ending at the same place in the early evening, just before I boarded the train back to Alicante. The gallery is here:

https://www.greatpix.eu/Travel/Another-day-in-Madrid/ <https://www.greatpix.eu/Travel/Another-day-in-Madrid/>

WARNING: the works by ORLAN are highly NSFW.

photo at frozenlight.eu

http://www.fotocycle.dk/paws
http://www.greatpix.eu
http://www.frozenlight.eu