[Leica] Nathan's PAD 11/8/2023: Rzeszów, contre-jour

Nathan Wajsman photo at frozenlight.eu
Tue Aug 22 22:08:56 PDT 2023

Earlier this month I spent a few days in Rzeszów, the largest city in south-eastern Poland, located less than 100 km from the Ukraine border. For that reason, the city has become a major transit point for western military aid for Ukraine, with about 30 flights a day landing at the local airport with military hardware and other supplies. Ukrainian soldiers are also being trained in nearby military bases. The only sign of all this were some Patriot batteries just outside Rzeszów airport, pointing east. In the city itself, life is entirely normal, no different from when I was last there 5 years ago. The purpose of the trip was also the same: my wife and her bridge partner Curra were playing in an international bridge tournament. In the meantime I explore Rzeszów on foot, and the surrounding countryside in the rental car. I am still working on the many photos I took, but here is one that I particularly liked, a late afternoon scene from Rzeszów main square, Rynek:

https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-3FbmQCP/A

Much more to come.

photo at frozenlight.eu

http://www.fotocycle.dk/paws