[Leica] John Lee

V.Roger vroger at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 15 12:00:47 PST 2022

About a week and a half ago I had the sad circumstance of letting Brian Reed know of John's death. John and I used to communicate regularly about twice or more a month and when I had not heard from him for an extended period I began to worry. I could not reach him on his cell He always called me back when I left a message. I decided to find out what, if anything was wrong. I knew he had a niece of whom he was justifiably proud. but I didn't even know her name. She had earned herself a clerkship with the late Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsberg and I started there by checking who had clerked for her. I found the name Rebecca Lee who had clerked for her and found that there were several Rebecca Lees who were attorneys. Through the process of elimination, by calling them one by one, I finally reached John's niece in San Francisco  She was sorry to inform me that John had passed away in late September. We should all remember John fondly- he was a wonderfully warm person, who was absolutely dedicated to The LUG. Bests: vroger (Victor Roger Rubin).