[Leica] IMG: Aarhus

Nathan Wajsman photo at frozenlight.eu
Tue Jun 28 00:40:41 PDT 2022

After the 3 days in Copenhagen, I moved on to my hometown Aarhus for the weekend, spent with my friend Lars. For once, I did not visit the modern art museum ARoS and did not walk around the waterfront or the main pedestrian street. So the gallery is somewhat different from previous galleries from Aarhus. I visited a beach south of the city which I remember fondly from my youth, and I walked around quite a bit in the neighbourhood where Lars lives, right in the centre, but just outside the old medieval part of the city. It is known locally as the “island quarter” because almost all the streets are named after various Danish islands. I have identified the location in many of the photos; in case you wonder, the word “gade” means “street” in Danish, so that for example Anholtsgade = Anholt Street (Anholt is the name of a small island off eastern Jutland).

http://www.frozenlight.eu/aarhus_june2022/index.html

As always, comment and critique are welcome and appreciated.

photo at frozenlight.eu

http://www.fotocycle.dk/paws
http://www.greatpix.eu
http://www.frozenlight.eu