[Leica] M11 specs say Black body is Heavier, by a lot, than Silver body??????

Howard L Ritter Jr hlritter at bex.net
Sat Jan 15 16:47:24 PST 2022

I have a 20MPx crop of a 24MPx APS-C image from my Sony NEX-7 as one of my desktop images. It’s of a section of Paris taken from the Eiffel Tower, and it shows incredible detail on my 27" iMac 5K screen, which has ~15MPx at just over 200 dpi. I concluded that, for a print of this size, about 13 x 24, 15MPx is entirely adequate, and a full 24MPx file is good for a 200-dpi print of 20 x 30 inches, or 13 x 20 inches for a critically examined 300-dpi print.

When the Q2, with a 28mm lens and 47MPx sensor, came out, I realized that I could get full screen resolution from a 60% crop, equivalent to an image made @ 50mm. That fact, and Gigapixel AI, made me realize that the Q2 would in effect cover the range of ~28-100mm. That’s why I took it to Iceland as my only camera (aside from the surprisingly good iPhone 12’s).

If I’m still cognitive when it happens, I’m looking forward to a 75MPx Q4...

—howard