[Leica] Nathan's PAD 19/8/2022: the universal language

Nathan Wajsman photo at frozenlight.eu
Sun Aug 21 10:15:41 PDT 2022

Thanks, Peter.

The recital was about 1hour, here is the programme:
http://www.chopinconcerts.pl/mamiko-ueyama.html <http://www.chopinconcerts.pl/mamiko-ueyama.html>

I took the photos throughout. As for the equipment, we were travelling with carry-on only, so I took the lightest outfit that still gives good images. Specifically, a Panasonic GX80 with the 12-60mm lens as the basic tool, and the 1.7/20mm lens for low light, plus the Leica 90mm Tele-Elmarit with the appropriate adapter. For film, I had the Cosina-Voigtländer Bessa R2M with a 50mm Summicron collapsible, and of course the 90mm could also be used with that body.

We are going to Scotland for a few days next week, and I will take a similarly light outfit with me, although I am thinking of taking the Fuji X-E3 instead of the Panasonic, and one of my Olympus OM4T bodies for film, with a couple of lenses that can also be used on the Fuji with my newly acquired Fotodiox adapter.

As for music, I have a Horowitz CD of Chopin’s music, but I find that it lacks a bit of emotion. And last year’s winner of the international Chopin competition, Bruce Liu, blew me away—and he is Chinese-Canadian.

photo at frozenlight.eu

http://www.fotocycle.dk/paws
http://www.greatpix.eu
http://www.frozenlight.eu