[Leica] Putting my microscope to work

Aram Langhans leica_r8 at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 13 12:21:41 PDT 2022

I got an adapter so I can put my Nikon Z on my scope that I rebuilt a
while back.  It works well.  I borrowed a few slides from the college
and took some photos.  Due to the very shallow depth of field of a
microscope, these are stacked images.

The hydrozoan Obelia is my favorite marine organism. Here is the feeding
polyp at 100x.  8 images

Obelia Gastrozooid 100x-0971-Edit (leica-users.org)
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/misc/sc/Obelia+Gastrozooid+100x-0971-Edit.jpg.html>

Here is the reproductive polyp also at 100x.  9 images

Obelia Gonozooid 100x-0979-Edit (leica-users.org)
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/misc/sc/Obelia+Gonozooid+100x-0979-Edit.jpg.html>

And here is the small jellyfish that is the reproductive stage for
Obelia.  9 images

Obelia Medusa 40x-0988-Edit (leica-users.org)
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/misc/sc/Obelia+Medusa+40x-0988-Edit.jpg.html>

I am going to borrow a few more and have some fun before my summer class
ends next week.

Comments welcome.

Aram

--
Aram Langhans
(Semi) Retired Science Teacher

“The Human Genome Project has proved Darwin more right than Darwin himself would ever have dared dream.”   James D. Watson