[Leica] IMG: a day in Madrid

Nathan Wajsman photo at frozenlight.eu
Sun Aug 7 10:16:48 PDT 2022

My daughter came home from 2 weeks in the US on Friday morning, so I had to go to Madrid to pick her up. I drove to the capital Thursday morning, very early, to visit as many photo exhibitions as I could manage. The PhotoEspaña festival is huge, and to really see it all, you need at least a week. I had just one day, but I think I used it wisely. I visited 7 exhibitions, and I also explored some neighbourhoods with which I was not familiar, including the somewhat gritty Puente de Vallecas neighbourhood where I had booked my hotel for the night, and the centre of Madrid’s LGBT life, Chueca, where I went to have dinner at a Japanese-European fusion restaurant called Sr. Ito (well, at in least in Spanish the name is amusing, as it is pronounced señorito).

I arrived at my hotel around 11 a.m. on Thursday and spent the rest of the day walking around the city, a bit challenging in 40C weather (104F for you imperials). But cold drinks are widely available, we are not exactly talking the Sahara here. And on Friday morning I had time for a quick visit to the wonderful Retiro park before heading to the airport to meet Monica.

A relatively small gallery is here:

http://www.frozenlight.eu/madrid_aug2022/index.html <http://www.frozenlight.eu/madrid_aug2022/index.html>

It is a bit different from my usual city galleries, as there are more people pictures than usual.

photo at frozenlight.eu

http://www.fotocycle.dk/paws
http://www.greatpix.eu
http://www.frozenlight.eu