[Leica] IMG: The Leica-R 60mm Macro-Elmarit Lens

Jim Nichols jhnichols at lighttube.net
Thu Sep 9 13:16:05 PDT 2021

When I want to get serious about close-up shots, I get out the Leica-R
60mm Macro-Elmarit lens.  I got two interesting images with it today.
The first is a sharp image of our common Carpenter Bee on a Buddleia bloom.

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20210909-DSCF2880-Enhanced.JPG.html

The second is interesting because the subject, a rather tattered dark
butterfly, is one I have not seen before.  The orange/red wing tip spots
indicate that it is probably a Red Spotted Purple. If anyone has a
different opinion, I would be open to their suggestion.

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20210909-DSCF2904-Enhanced.JPG.html

Ignore the lens information shown in the camera data.  I didn't bother
to update the manual data input.