[Leica] Any SL2-S owners out there? I have a couple of questions

Adam Bridge abridge at mac.com
Tue Nov 16 15:13:00 PST 2021

The questions probably also apply to the SL2.

I’m having difficulty using the Drive Mode in Serial exposure Continuous - Very High Speed

My experience: the camera doesn’t begin recording images when I depress the shutter button but waits some period of time before beginning to take it’s images. I’ve shifted to only saving JPEG images but the behavior doesn’t change. Is this the way it normally works? Makes it useless for shooting action sequences.

I’m really having difficulty geotaging my photos using the Fotos app on my iPhone. The whole connection process seems ungainly. I have no interest in triggering the camera remotely but I do wish to have the GPS coordingates written into the EXIF data. Because I’ve been using Capture One this is extremely important since C1 seems to feel EXIF data, even when augmented by an external program, is inviolate and not to be changed. Lightroom does this just fine.

Otherwise I am greatly enjoying the camera. It makes sense in a very Leica way. I have to say the video options boggle my mind and make me feel really REALLY old.

Thanks, anyone, for your help.

Best

Adam Bridge
Davis, CA