[Leica] Leica mystery

Douglas Barry imra at iol.ie
Tue May 4 09:31:29 PDT 2021

Well a lot of opinion out there on the web think it is his first Leica!

"In this enigmatic photograph, Kertész used a Leica camera to capture
what is at first glance a simple street scene. The Leica appeared in the
1920s with Kertész bearing one from 1928, three years before Henri
Cartier-Bresson. The camera was light and easy to handle and soon
favoured by photo-journalists. However, closer inspection reveals a
snapshot of considerable compositional complexity. Meudon creates a
sense of movement and speed moving in different directions: through the
steam-train at the top of the frame, and the man carrying a package -
possibly the German painter Will Baumeister (carrying a canvas) - at the
bottom."

https://www.theartstory.org/artist/kertesz-andre/artworks/
and who are these guys?
https://www.theartstory.org/about-us-our-team.htm

Seem reputable enough.

And this one is all about the Meudon photograph and Baumeister
http://www.all-art.org/history658_photography13-17.html

Douglas