[Leica] IMG: A Couple of Bee Identification Images

Jim Nichols jhnichols at lighttube.net
Sat Aug 28 11:38:03 PDT 2021

The flutterbys have deserted me.  A number of bees are still around.
These two images are to help with bee identification. The first one is
the Black-and-Gold Bumblebee, with its black thorax and two gold bands
on the abdomen, this time seen in flight.

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20210828-P8280665-Enhanced.JPG.html

Second is the distinctive face of the Carpenter Bee, which has a thorax
covered by yellow hair, with a black spot in the center, followed by a
shiny abdomen.

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20210828-P8280670-Enhanced.JPG.html

I'm curious to see what Hurricane Ida blows into my area.