[Leica] PRR Heritage Unit, Bristol TN/VA

Ric Carter cartersxrd at gmail.com
Tue Aug 24 17:38:52 PDT 2021

Depends on the run, shorter trains mean shorter runs. 70 is not unusual.

With the recent innovations of “precision scheduling” trains are getting longer to maximize resources. Computers are making distributed power more and more common. That’s when you see locomotives in the middle and or end of the train. I saw a notification this morning of a Norfolk Southern freight going out today that was three miles long. Did not hear what the car count was.

Ric