[Leica] IMG: Immature Carpenter Bee On Rose of Sharon

Aram Langhans leica_r8 at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 2 19:43:08 PDT 2021

Great shot.  I love it.

I don't know about the "immature" description.  Bees are "born" full
grown when they emerge from the pupa stage.  They do not grow or molt
like some insets do.  Maybe there are "runts"?  I do not know.

Aram

--
Aram Langhans
(Semi) Retired Science Teacher

“The Human Genome Project has proved Darwin more right than Darwin himself would ever have dared dream.”
    James D. Watson