[Leica] A bias when collecting photographs

Richard Clompus rclompus at mac.com
Sat May 2 08:59:32 PDT 2020

I’ve purchased fine art photographs from galleries over the years from photographers that have excited me.  Usually they are from photographers that I read about during my college years.   I’d love to have a silver halide print from Henri Cartier-Bresson or Eugene Smith but at $30,000 USD, they are out of my league and only a dream.

Even though there are really nice looking fine art b&w prints from ink jet pigments, I somehow don’t give them as much respect as a silver print when purchasing as a fine art print for my walls.

Does anyone else have this bias?

Be well,
Richard

Richard Clompus