[Leica] Carolina Coastal 120 Rolls Home

CartersXRd cartersxrd at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 17:50:57 PDT 2020

It’s pretty long for this particular shortline run, though it gets pretty busy moving grain at different times of year. The cars are either full with product outbound or empty headed to get another load for some business on this end. We move mostly agriculture products (fertilizer, crop harvest) and lumber. We also get in  right much stone as we do not have native rock here.

The Class One trains on major routes here are often well more than a mile long-up to three miles. They often now use distributed power (thanks to computer controls on locomotives these days) with locomotives at both ends and in the middle of the train.

ric