[Leica] IMG: The American Starling

Jim Nichols jhnichols at lighttube.net
Wed Jun 10 11:25:51 PDT 2020

The Starling is one of my least favorite birds.  Since a Brit brought
them across the pond, they have prospered beyond belief and have become
a nuisance.  Traveling in flocks, they can empty feeders quickly.  Even
a suet block put out for woodpeckers can be torn to pieces in short
order.  But, while hoping for a woodpecker, and trying burst shooting
for the first time, I fired away at my first customer.  I had purposely
balanced the feeder gate to limit the access of larger birds, since they
scatter seed widely.  The Starling struggled to find a spot where he
could feed, and never came to the front side of the feeder.  He actually
looked more elegant peering out from behind the feeder.

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20200610-DSCF1876.JPG.html