[Leica] IMG: That's Not Fair!

Jim Nichols jhnichols at lighttube.net
Mon Jun 1 19:58:49 PDT 2020

The feeding gate on my vertical feeder is spring-loaded, to allow small
birds full access, and to prevent large birds from scattering the
seeds.  Back in mid-May, I was experimenting with pre-load weights to
see what worked best.  Large woodpeckers have difficulty with this type
of feeder unless they feed upside down, but, with the heavy pre-load,
and his own weight, this Red-Bellied Woodpecker was left with a very
small feeding gap.  His expression displays his frustration.

I settled on a reduced pre-load, and peace prevailed.

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20200515-P5151590.JPG.html