[Leica] IMG: a Yolo County sunset

Adam Bridge abridge at mac.com
Fri Jul 10 21:35:35 PDT 2020

Jan and I drove out looking for possible sunset images (since there were actually some clouds) and checking out locations for next week’s comet images. A few of my favorite places were taken over by Instagramers since there were vast fields of sunflowers.

Ultimately we returned to the location where we saw the comet earlier this week but now looking to the north-west instead of north-east.

There are two images here that are identical save for the color rendering. Fujifilm provides a variety of “looks” based on some of its films. I chose to use the Provia and Astia profiles.

The compression into sRGB loses quite a bit from the Prophoto orginal.

This is the Astia:

 <https://adam-bridge.smugmug.com/Home/Around-Davis/i-rnnNspv/A>

This the Provia:

<https://adam-bridge.smugmug.com/Home/Around-Davis/i-bXFgTNp/A>

All made with Fujifilm GFX100, 23mm f4 lens, handheld with image stabilization on. 1/50th @f5.0

I think it resolves the telephone wires pretty well.

The comet would be at the far left of the image down in the orange glow.

Thanks for looking.

Adam Bridge