[Leica] Leica M Mount lens for Canon EF mount camera

Aram leica_r8 at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 29 10:14:07 PST 2020

I used my R lenses on Canon many moons ago because it was the only game
in town when I wanted to go digital.  The exposure was a nightmare.  As
you stopped down, the camera would undercompensate and images got more
and more underexposed the more you stopped down.  This was using
aperture priority.  Then someone came out with a way of replacing the
rear lens mount with a Nikon F mount, so I switched to Nikon and all was
right with the world again. And it got better performing sensors to boot.

Of course, a lot has happened since then and maybe a more modern Canon
will meter fine with a totally manual lens.  But there is the issue of
lens to sensor distance difference with M and Canon that would mean you
can never focus to infinity with an M lens, so who cares about the
metering issues.

Aram