[Leica] We're losing a LUG member

Philippe photo.philippe.amard at gmail.com
Fri Jan 10 23:18:44 PST 2020

Alice and I are very much affected by the news Tara brought to us over the last months and we never expected Steve’s condition to deteriorate so fast.

We shared a lot, on list, off list, and in real life.

He has always loved France and studied in Paris at some point. They came over in 2016, and I had the pleasure of meeting him in Paris. And then again last April, they spent a few days at our place, where we really had fun and a feeling of having known each other.

Here are four snaps I took on these occasions.

The world is about to lose "un sacré mec". Kudos for your life Steve, mon ami.

A tribute to the Paris lover
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Phileica/Les+Gens/Steve-2190.jpg.html

Love the witty humorous spark in his eye here
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Phileica/Les+Gens/Steve-8085.jpg.html

Taking a rest, but still holding a camera ready :-)
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Phileica/Les+Gens/Steve-8121.jpg.html

Waving us all goodbye, alas.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Phileica/Les+Gens/Steve-2244.jpg.html

Philippe in grief