[Leica] PROOF: Photography in the Era of the Contact Sheet

Adam Bridge abridge at mac.com
Wed Feb 26 12:20:40 PST 2020

After reading about this exhibit at the Cleveland Museum of Art I was interested enough to purchase the book.

Now I really want to see the exhibit. Cleveland is a bit out of the way but I may find a way to make it happen.

The book has been inspiring for me. It lead to the basketball player images for instance. It sits next to my chair in the family room where I can pick it up and peruse (and even look at) the images. Sometimes you get to see a sheet and then the image the artist chose. Other times you just see the sheet and get to make your own judgements. Sometimes the photographer captures the subject but other times maybe not?

I recommend it. And if anyone does go to Cleveland to see the exhibit please report back!

Adam Bridge