[Leica] Monday Misc.

Don Dory don.dory at gmail.com
Mon Feb 24 03:31:54 PST 2020

Greetings to all.  This week will be a little eclectic.  The first image is
from a book signing.  The subject is Earl Campbell, possibly the best
running back in American football ever.  However, the book is mostly how
his talent broke the color line in Texas collegiate football.  I attended
several games where Earl played; his ability to keep moving downfield
despite carrying multiple defending players is legendary:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Monday+Misc/Earl.jpg.html

The next image is about land grants colleges.  In the 19th century land
inside states was set aside to support colleges from the rents extracted
from the dedicated land.  The University of Texas happens to have most of
the Permian basin as its' grant.  Austin thrived in the Depression years
because oil from the Permian basin kept construction going at UT:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Monday+Misc/Because+Permian+basin.jpg.html

Located about two blocks from the Texas capital and five blocks from UT is
the Texas Chili Parlor.  What can I say about my neighbors taste in bars:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Monday+Misc/Teexas+Chili+parlor.jpg.html

Last, I went to a reward ceremony for volunteers at a equine therapy
facility just outside of Austin; about four miles from the airport.  The
man speaking is the husband of the owner speaking to the volunteers about
how many more hours they volunteered in 2019:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Monday+Misc/You.jpg.html

For Lluis the last one is the Canon 0.95 just off wide open.

All the best.

--
Don
don.dory at gmail.com