[Leica] Portraits with the Noctilux

Mark Rabiner mark at rabinergroup.com
Wed Feb 19 20:22:42 PST 2020

Well you sent me about 8 of raw files of myself sitting at that table  at La Fonda in Santa Fe which I've been using the whole decade as head shots and they're sharp as a tack though with color which is an interesting challenge to balance maybe impossible as it was an M8 and no special filter.
Some  I think you took with a 35 1.4.  All sharp as heck wide open. Thanks again by the way!

--

Mark William Rabiner
Photographer

On 2/19/20, 4:06 PM, "LUG on behalf of Brian Reid" <lug-bounces+mark=rabinergroup.com at leica-users.org on behalf of reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us> wrote:

    > Very difficult to get in focus.
    > 	It's very good at nailing focus with a Leica rangefinder camera it
    > was designed to shoot with ...

    Mark, I remember sitting with you at a lunch table in Santa Fe about 15
    years ago; I had my M8 with Noctilux. I was having trouble focusing it.
    You picked it up, focused it instantly, and took a picture of me that
    was sharp and focused.

    "It" might be good at nailing focus, but I am not.