[Leica] slight reprieve on yearbook deadline

Brian Reid reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Fri Feb 14 13:26:21 PST 2020

I'm living in temporary space while trying to sell my house, and all of
my books are in storage. So I can't walk in and look at the bookshelf.

Jim Shulman invented the yearbook and managed the publication of the
first 8 years of them. Geoff Hopkinson did 2014 and Richard Man did
2015.

blurb.com still offers 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013,
and 2015.
I have the PDF of Geoff Hopkinson's 2014 edition but haven't yet put it
back on blurb.com.

I believe that there were no yearbooks for 2016, 2017, or 2018.
I'll have 2019 out in a few days.

I'm mostly following Jim's design, but I'm going to use Avenir instead
of Georgia (which Jim and Geoff used) or Lucida (which Richard used). I
spent an unforgettable evening with Adrian Frutiger in Nice in 1981,
watching the annual student riots and drinking Swiss wine. Ever since
then I have felt compelled to use his fonts.