[Leica] Leica M type 240 Why so many for sale?

Michael Volow, M.D. mvolo at duke.edu
Mon Feb 3 19:24:05 PST 2020

There seem to be a lot of used Leica M type 240 bodies for sale, for what seem to reasonable (at least for Leica) prices. Fewer than there were Leica M9 - M9p's.  Is the Leica M type 240 a good buy?  My M6 has been rarely used since digital, but I have several M lenses which I would like to use again. I understand the type 240's sensor doesn't have the corrosion problem of the M9. Any advice would be appreciated.  I am just an amateur and can't afford $5,000 bodies and $2000-3000 lenses.

Mike Volow