[Leica] There are reports Nikon ending production in Japan

Jeffery Smith smithjeffery at mac.com
Thu Dec 24 11:51:53 PST 2020

"After 70 years Nikon to end camera production in Japan, manufacturing moving to Thailand by the end of 2021" - from Nikon Rumors.

I think Rollei moved 35 production to Singapore, and Pentax moved the K1000 production there too, about 40 years ago. Both of them seemed unfazed by the new country. The K1000 has reached near-legendary status.

Jeffery