[Leica] Tips for M8 IR photography?

Peter Klein boulanger.croissant at gmail.com
Sun Aug 16 01:56:27 PDT 2020

Desperate times call for desperate measures.  I've still got my old M8.
Its excess IR sensitivity ought to make it a good IR camera, so why not
try that? Accordingly, today I ordered an R72 IR filter and a couple of
step-up rings.  I might as well try something new.

Those of you who have used the M8 for IR photography, any tips? Ballpark
sunlight exposures, what depth-of-field mark to use for focusing if the
lens has no IR mark? Is the M8's internal meter any use with IR?  Etc.?
All tips greatly appreciated.

Proof of concept: My quick test of an IR TV remote control last May.
Yup, the M8 sees things we don't. In magenta, veritas.
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/pklein/temp/L1010318.jpg.html>

--Peter