[Leica] IMG: rose, focus stacked

Adam Bridge abridge at mac.com
Mon Apr 27 15:44:58 PDT 2020

Thanks for taking the time to explain the focus stacking functionality.

I thought I understood how it works but right now I’m not so sure. I THOUGHT I’d put in the # of steps, and the step size and it would do the calculation of how much of a change is required for the focus. But it doesn’t seem to work like that. To get a really deep focus I’d have had to put in 100 instead of 50. That’s a lot of images to record even with an electronic shutter and no delay.

So I’m still learning.

The Fujifilm X-T3 & 4 also have focus bracketing.

The color profiles are quite interesting. The ACROS for monochrome looks really interesting. I guess Fuji supplies them to Adobe who incorporate them into Lightroom? It’s a fascinating capability.

Adam