[Leica] An Interview with Ted.

David Young dsy at loganlake.net
Mon Apr 20 07:00:59 PDT 2020

Dave Eagles is a well known and very talented news photographer in our area.  So much so, that were I to go home and tell Rose that I'd got images of Ted Grant that day, she'd say "Oh ... that's nice".

But were I to go home and tell her I'd photos of Dave Eagles, she'd be excited to see them!  And when I told Dave this, he was more than a little surprised!  But, it's true.

Back in 2010, we dragged Ted up to Logan Lake, so he could give a talk to the Kamloops Photo Arts Club-  which turned into a well attended, public lecture at our local University, TRU.

When Dave heard of this, he helped arrange an interview with Ted, for his paper.

Thus, these shots...

Ted, being expansive, while telling a story...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/155735425@N05/49797026143/in/dateposted-family/

Reporter, Dale Bass, enjoying Ted's stories to the point she'd forget to write things down!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/155735425@N05/49797570851/in/dateposted-family/

Dave Eagles, at work...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/155735425@N05/49797879132/in/dateposted-family/

When Dave had all the shots he felt he needed, he should have been dashing off to the next shoot.  Instead, he leaned up against a booth (we were in the back room of our local White Spot restaurant) and listened to the master, for another hour!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/155735425@N05/49797878177/in/dateposted-family/

And finally, Ted contemplating a question, from Dave.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/155735425@N05/49797567076/in/dateposted-family/

C&C welcomed, as always.

David.