[Leica] Your First Leica?

Duane Birkey dbirkey at reachbeyond.org
Tue Apr 7 20:37:58 PDT 2020

My first Leica was a IIIC... bought at a Chicago area camera show in the early 90s...  still have it...  but I don't have an emotional attachment to it as I never shot a roll of film through it..
My oldest is a 4 digit from 1928...
My favorite is either the above or my late IIIG or M3 DS....  Those three would need to be pried from my hands...  I hope I never need to sell any of those...

Really miss my M6 kit though....  Wish I hadn't sold it...  especially the lenses...  but it made sense at the time...  C'est la Vie.

Duane