[Leica] First pictures from my new Q2

Jayanand Govindaraj jayanand at gmail.com
Sat Sep 21 20:13:32 PDT 2019

Nice shots. I know what the first grandchild is like, I have close to
30,000 photographs of mine!

I was tempted by the Q2 when it came out, but decided, for three simple
reasons to stay with my ancient (in digital terms!) Fuji X100S, which
serves a similar purpose, at least till the camera disintegrates in my
hand, as the resale value is negligible:

1. Two superb extra screw in lenses, which extend the 35mm equivalent
native lens to 28mm and 50mm as well, without altering the maximum aperture
of f2.

2. No service facilities in the whole of India, a bummer in this age of
electronic cameras. Accessing service from Singapore is a PITA.

3. The single most important reason - I am a huge fan of the combination
OVF/EVF viewfinder, which really gives maximum flexibility, as I can switch
from one to the other as required by flicking a conveniently placed switch!
In fact I like the combination viewfinder so much that I will probably
upgrade my Fuji X-T2, which only has an EVF, to the Fuji X-Pro 3, which has
the combo, when it comes out, just to access this feature.

Cheers
Jayanand