[Leica] Erwin Puts farewell to Leica World

Paul Roark roark.paul at gmail.com
Wed Oct 23 20:15:54 PDT 2019

Don Dory via LUG <lug at leica-users.org> wrote:

> I will just add that Leica tests every lens and keeps the record for every
> lens produced.   The MTF is from real lenses and not some idealized
> computer projection.

Which is unlike most of the companies.  In my pre-Leica days, I became
frustrated returning lenses that focused at different places for the
different edges of the field.  I have a mountain ridge at "infinity" and
clear air where I live.  The poor assembly of the middle market optics was
very obvious and frustrating.  We do get something for those prices we pay.

Paul
www.PaulRoark.com