[Leica] Adrian Bradshaw - "The Door Opened - 1980's China"

Peter Dzwig pdzwig at summaventures.com
Tue Oct 22 01:05:32 PDT 2019

I think I have seen a few of these before somewhere, and think they are
absolutely fascinating. It proves the value of reflecting on an archive
before publishing, rather than just galloping into producing one. A
lesson that several people on the LUG have borne witness to, over the years.

I was going to order a copy but the publisher's price is steep at £88
(strange price point) compared with other books I might buy. However
just checked amazon - £50! That's better!

Peter

On 18/10/2019 17:10, Howard Cummer via LUG wrote:
> Esther and I had dinner with Adrian in Vancouver earlier this week. He was in town for the Vancouver Book fair where he was promoting
> his wonderful pictorial history of the opening of China in the 1980’s. Adrian lived in China for three decades, ended as the head of Agence France Press in Beijing.
> He has combed his million negatives to produce a wonderful book, in black and white, of China’s opening up in the 1980’s.
>
> Here he is, with Esther and me, signing our copy:
>
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/2019/Canada/DSCA4765.jpg.html <http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/2019/Canada/DSCA4765.jpg.html>
>
> For info on Adrian’s book please see:
>
> http://www.impress-publishing.com/the-door-opened-1980s-china.html <http://www.impress-publishing.com/the-door-opened-1980s-china.html>
>
> Our photo may be viewed large if you like:
>
> Howard

Dr. Peter Dzwig