[Leica] yearbook question, but political

Howard Cummer hcummer at gmail.com
Fri Oct 11 08:14:24 PDT 2019

Brian,
I second Douglas’s suggestion.
Thanks for doing the book.
Howard

Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2019 13:20:12 +0100
From: Douglas Barry <imra at iol.ie <mailto:imra at iol.ie>>
To: Brian Reid <brian at reid.org <mailto:brian at reid.org>>, "lug at leica-users.org <mailto:lug at leica-users.org>"
	<lug at leica-users.org <mailto:lug at leica-users.org>>
Subject: Re: [Leica] yearbook question, but political

As a small part of the foreign wing of the LUG, and thus cognisant that
the majority of Luggers are American, I would prefer that the yearbook
proceeds would go to a disadvantaged school in a poor district of a deep
red state. Looking at the state of US education inequity, I dare say it
should be easy enough to find one that the proceeds would help.

Much and all as Trump seems to be a manipulated, self serving and
dangerous buffoon, I'd prefer to steer clear of an overtly political
donation as it could be uncomfortable for certain people on the list.

Douglas