[Leica] Aurora images from Iceland

Howard L Ritter Jr hlritter at bex.net
Wed Oct 9 16:32:18 PDT 2019

My wife and I just got back from 10 days in Iceland, where I had opportunities to photograph the aurora borealis on a couple of spectacular nights. I’ve already posted some Monochrom images (non-touristy type) from Reykjavik, so here are some of the aurora.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/hlritter/Aurora/ <http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/hlritter/Aurora/>

Taken with Nikon D810A, 14-24 zoom at 14mm and f/2.8, exposures 2.5 to 10 sec, ISO 1600-2000.

The images have much of their dynamic range in the faint end, so view large and in a darkened room for best results.

Have a look at the Mono album of Reykjavik as well, please. C&C appreciated. More Mono images of the seacoast to follow.

—howard