[Leica] Lens coding

Lluis Ripoll lluisripollphotography at gmail.com
Fri Mar 22 14:41:55 PDT 2019

I’ve never saw any difference with a coded or nor lens, for me is just a complementary information. In my experience I only recommend never use these alternatives:

- Buy lens flanges with coding pits from eBay and install and paint them myself. (beware Chinese quality control?)
- Using my M coder template and an oil-based industrial marker to code the lenses myself. I've done this before, but it is painstaking, requires some trial and error, and has to be redone periodically.

Of course I recommend Leica or any other reputed workshop, I suppose DAG is very good

Cheers
Lluis