[Leica] Monday Misc.

Don Dory don.dory at gmail.com
Mon Jun 17 02:57:04 PDT 2019

Greetings to all.  Most of todays images came about from a stroll from our
house down to Lady Bird Lake and back.  First up was some construction work
on a driveway.  I couldn't resist the light:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Monday+Misc/cutting+concrete.jpg.html

Down on the lake a local Path organization put together a few million
dollars to build a causeway over the lake to save some wetlands.  Many use
the space as a break from work or indoor living:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Monday+Misc/Lost+in+the+phone+by+the+lake.jpg.html

On the other side I found these volunteers working to remove invasive
species and replant native versions in the "tidal" zone of the lake( the
lake levels go up and down based on water usage in Austin as well as flood
control both up and down stream)

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Monday+Misc/replanting+flood+plain.jpg.html

On the walk back we found this hen crossing the road.  I am amused that in
a very upscale neighborhood(Travis Heights) people keep free range chickens:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Monday+Misc/why+did+the+chicken+cross+the+road.jpg.html

And last for today at the Botanical Gardens I found this fellow announcing
his presence and suitability:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Monday+Misc/Lizard+red+sack.jpg.html

As always enjoy your week.

--