[Leica] IMG: Woman with hat interior

Brian Reid reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Wed Jan 2 18:13:56 PST 2019

I have hundreds of old family pictures dating 1850-1920 with carefully
written notes on the back like "Mother's sister's parents" or
"Grandfather's first wife. Julia? June? Joann? Not sure".
Through the years I've been able to puzzle out about half of them. Many
are tintypes or ambrotypes, for which it is hard to write on the back.

I've learned when talking or writing about family history always to say
"Betty" and not "Mother", though I would never dream of addressing her
that way.