[Leica] IMG: Western Bluebird

Doug Herr wildlightphoto at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 19 07:39:05 PST 2019

Don Dory wrote:

> ...  In a comment on some new cameras you indicated you might change:
> please refresh your reasons to contemplate equipment change.

Not to worry, there will need to be a very very good reason for me to discontinue using the a7rIII and 100-400 lens.

What I'm contemplating is adding a Nikon Z7 and 500mm PF to the toy box.  I've begun the process by selling the classic FD 500mm lens which had become too hefty for me.  Meanwhile I'm keeping an eye on the L-mount cameras and lenses: I like several features of the Lumix S1R but I'm not fond of its size and weight, and the next iteration of the Leica SL will also merit attention.  The L-mount lens selection doesn't yet include much that would be useful to me but with multiple players in the game I expect this will change for the better in short order.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com