[Leica] Retouching enlargements experience?

Lluis Ripoll lluisripollphotography at gmail.com
Sun Feb 17 16:12:47 PST 2019

I’ve encountered sometimes when I enlarge a small dust like small hairs that ruin the enlargement. I clean it, I look to the negative with a magnifier 8X but sometimes I’ve removed the dust from one point to another point.

To clean the nregative I’m using PEC PAD with the special tissues provided but sometimes a supplementary action on the enlargement would be necessary. I think it is very difficult do a good retouching and make a similar tone to the one of the print.

Some experiences about cleaning better the negatives or applying retouching?

Thank you!
Lluis