[Leica] IMG: Ruby-crowned Kinglet

Mark Rabiner mark at rabinergroup.com
Mon Dec 30 07:14:13 PST 2019

You think you're taking His picture but he's taking Your picture!

--

Mark William Rabiner
Photographer

On 12/27/19, 7:04 AM, "LUG on behalf of Douglas Herr via LUG" <lug-bounces+mark=rabinergroup.com at leica-users.org on behalf of lug at leica-users.org> wrote:

    This Ruby-crowned Kinglet (Regulus calendula) has discovered the delights of my hummingbird feeder.  While the kinglet and the resident hummingbirds have occasional discussions about possession of said source of sugary syrup, for the most part they leave each other alone.  This kinglet visits the feeder every few minutes allowing me the opportunity for a few photographs.

    I had initially set the camera up on a tripod a few meters away and covered the camera and myself with camo-print netting, which the kinglet pretty much ignored.  I eventually left the netting on only the camera/tripod, exposing my camo-print hat and eyes.  This photograph was the kinglet's initial response to the altered scenery:

    http://www.wildlightphoto.com/birds/regulidae/regulus/rcking09.html

    all comments welcome.

    Doug Herr
    Birdman of Sacramento