[Leica] Lens focal length advice for a European river cruise

Mark Rabiner mark at rabinergroup.com
Wed Dec 18 16:29:47 PST 2019

I used a 90 and never took it off my IIIF! An f4 Elmar. A few times a 135mm might have been nice to frame the castles on the hills a tad tighter. But the 90 gets the castles and the towns in turn. I'd bring a 50. But wides would not be for me again if I ever went back.
It's mainly all about the castles on the hills. The vineyards are a nice green but no form to shoot that I could see.
It rained the whole time I was shooting but my LTM system did not car. Leica thread mount.
Next time I'd shoot with more state of the art stuff.

--

Mark William Rabiner
Photographer