[Leica] Wondering

Bill Clough billclough042541 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 24 19:49:37 PDT 2019

USA
TEXAS
VICTORIA

HI there--

   I have been a LUG member and have been posting photographs since 2000.  Finally, I sold the Leicas because I was finished with shooting film.

   But the cost of any Leica digital camera was -- and is -- way absolve my pay grade.

   I have continued to post to the LUG because of my almost 20-year history and, more importantly, I believe the LUG have evolved to being a family of photographers devoted to shooting pictures in the Leica philosophy. In that case, it is not that I abandoned Leicas;, it abandoned me with its pricing aimed at doctors, dentists and stock market brokers.

I don;t contribute as much as I should because of my work as an editor and journalist. But, when I manage to capture a frame I think suitable, even if with an iphone, I post it.

I will continue this practice until requested not to.

I long for the day of the LUG yearbook. It has not evolved; it disappeared. And, like the diminishing membership and postings, that is sad.
.
–Bill

Sent from my iPad