[Leica] Friday Flowers SonC

Ted Grant tedgrant at shaw.ca
Sat Aug 3 14:20:29 PDT 2019

Hi Jim,
That my good fellow is the secret!

-----Original Message-----
From: LUG [mailto:lug-bounces+tedgrant=shaw.ca at leica-users.org] On Behalf Of Jim Nichols
Sent: August-03-19 10:47 AM
To: Leica Users Group
Subject: Re: [Leica] Friday Flowers SonC

"Hi Sonny and Dr.Ted,
Since this sounds like an "old folks" reminiscing thread, I will play
along.  I keep a walker in the house and one in my car, but only have to resort to them on a bad day.  Most of the time I can maneuver Ok without them.  As to gear decisions, I started out with LTM Leica's and still have a couple, with several lenses. Digital Leicas looked too expensive to me, so I went with Olympus initially, later Fuji.  I use a mix of native lenses for the cameras, along with four cherished Leica-R lenses
and several Pentax Takumar lenses that work well with adapters.  When I
got older and less stable, I bought a Leica-R shoulder stock from Doug Herr, and it helps me handle longer lenses.  Tripods or monopods are not very useful when tracking butterflies.

I still shoot the older digitals routinely, now more with autofocus than without.  I have found though that manual focus is better for airplanes in flight and skydivers.  Most lenses seem to have trouble locking on to
a moving subject against a sky background.

I figure we should all keep pushing the button, as long as it is fun!
ted SAYS?.....OR? AS I'M COMMITTED TO? "The GREAT SPIRIT CALLS ME? AFTER I'M 100 YEARS OLD?
DON'T LAUGH I'M  GOING TO MAKE IT!! :-) Just keep watching the screen! :-) ted
CHEERS,
Dr.ted grant O.C.