[Leica] Trade in M9 or sell it on eBay?

Kyle Cassidy On The LUG leicaslacker at gmail.com
Mon Apr 1 14:47:42 PDT 2019

Hi folks.

I think it’s about m10 time and I’m wondering if you have any thoughts about trading in my m9 and buying a new m10 vs selling the m9 myself and buying a used m10? Price-wise that is.

The m9 has developed sensor corrosion — I’ve no idea how long ago since I never shoot at anything smaller than f5.6. (Ok, maybe 4.5) but I’ve been using it this way with no real ill effects since I discovered it accidentally last year. So my options are, I think, trade it in for a new m10, or sell it and buy a used m10, or buy a used m10 and keep the m9 sitting on a self thinking I’m going to use it as a backup until it is so out of date they don’t make cables that connect to it anymore....

I’ve little idea anyway the sale price on a corroded m9 is — guessing around $1500.

If anybody’s been through this process I’m interested in hearing your stories and advice.

Sent from my iPhone plz excuse the typoss keyb0ard is reaLly small.