[Leica] Smoke - what a difference a day makes

Howard Cummer hcummer at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 20:47:33 PDT 2018

Hi Jim,
It’s true we are safe from fires on the Mainland or Vancouver Island, but Pender
has hundreds of thousands of trees and the ground cover gets very dry during the
summer - so we worry constantly about a local fire getting away on us. I sit on
the Hazard Abatement Committee at the Fire Hall and we try to anticipate
what might happen if a local fire gets away on us. It is not a pretty sight!!
Best Regards
Howard